Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More DOF

This is the example Craig was referring to I think, where the gun is in focus and the shooter and targets are not...still tells a story, but the DOF directs what the viewer is looking at. Pretty cool, huh. This is a good example of a portrait with a blurred background. Makes you pay more attention to the actual subject. We might not have been able to see the casing being ejected from the chamber if the whole image was in focus.

Good grief. More DOF. The angle it is shot from, plus the DOF makes this trapshoot pic more interesting.



Again, DOF lets you choose what you want to be the focal point or the subject of your image.

I only put these last 3 in for Craig...our gun lover from way back.
This last one shows how blurring the background makes for a cleaner portrait.

All of these images were shot with my 70-200mm 2.8 but am not sure of the focal length on them. I am pretty sure I shot wide open at f 2.8.

1 comment:

  1. Slow on the snap....I've found my camera charger!!! I temporarily lost it and discovered it again...under my couch. Good thing I decided to finally vacuum under there! So this weekend I'm heading to Oman for some desert camping. Hopefully, I will snag some cool shots to upload ;)

    Paula, looks like you had a WONDERFUL family trip!!!

    ReplyDelete