Friday, November 25, 2011

Coffee anyone?


Soooooooo grateful for my first potent cup of coffee each morning....
1 of 5 and me thinks the alternating weeks versus every week assignment just got trumped with having to get to 5 of 5, best get on with it then.... will need a few more cups of coffee to get me going.
Nikon D90
1/60s at f/9 ISO200
105mm
 
 
 
 
Nikon D90 1/400s at f/10 ISO 400 12mm

I am also grateful for my beloved Melbourne, its reasonably artistic graffiti (note also the lady taking a return photo top right corner), the "summer" festive season (sorry, no snow), and our 3 lovely kids (older lot) and their 2 (younger) cousins....
Nikon D90 1/30s at f/10 ISO 1100 13mm                                                   Nikon D90 1/1000s at f/4 ISO 720 12mm

Nikon D90 1/60s at f/4 ISO 800 105mm
 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome photo, Tony! I like the way you have the cup full of beans rather than brew. It really drives home what this photo is all about. Also like the way the colorful cup stands out in the sea of stainless. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Craig. I had to correct an obvious spelling error and the site would ignore any attempts at saving or posting the change until I noticed & selected the 'try alternate blogger interface' link top RH of screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A picture IS worth a thousand words! Tony I appreciate how close in you brought the subject...no extra things in the photo but what you intended. No cord or things on the counter to distract...it is harder to do than people think. I had someone tell me to get in closer til it feels wrong...and then get in even closer. Make the shot tight. You did that with this, and it works great. Not to mention how clever the set up is. I'm glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paula :)

    I finally posted the balance which makes 5 in total... although I suspect I may have caught a few folks out in terms of sequencing by choosing to update my original post for 'completeness'...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony, just noticed that you had updated this post. Nice photos. That building in the upper photo looks suspiciously like it could be in other places too...Barcelona, Madrid, or even Lisbon. Great pic of the family too. I reckon I will meet them one of these days. Your oldest son reminds me a lot of you...except he's not drinking a beer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments Craig, that building is “Flinders Street Station”, the busiest train station in the southern hemisphere which once boasted a 400m running track upstairs plus a grand ballroom although no longer used that way and probably in need of some maintenance these days...

    ReplyDelete