Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful 1 of 5


I am VERY thankful that I am not part of the Black Friday spectacle that goes on every year at this time in our country. These shoppers had been camped out in front of Best Buy for two days, waiting for the store to open at midnight tonight (Thanksgiving Day). Actually, this is a photo of the people out back...the line goes all the way around the store. I asked one of them what made him camp out in the cold instead of being with his family on a holiday. Answer: a $200 TV. Maybe he can watch a real family on TV for Christmas. I would have taken my photo at Walmart (the heart of commercial darkness) but I didn't want to get any on me...

Canon EOS Digital Rebel
17-40mm
| ISO 100 | 17mm | f/4 | 1/2 |

4 comments:

  1. Clever use of B+W Craig, helps set the 'scene' nicely. Happy Thanksgiving to all, enjoy the break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just heard on the news that a female shopper at Walmart in L.A. used pepper spray to get a proximity advantage for an X-Box. Thank you, crazy lady, for helping to make my point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig, Craig, Craig. If you ever quit HP, you can always make a living as a roving reporter/photographer.
    I like the photojournalism feel to it. Not being a part of the scene, but documenting it. Nice. And going out that nite was above and beyond! Tony is right too. The B&W adds to the drama of it. I am feeling like I need to get with the program!

    ReplyDelete