Sunday, November 27, 2011

Winter - plus and minus

I am posting a few things I am grateful for this week...finally.

The first is the door handle to the outside of my studio area...as you can see, I am grateful for an artic entry...and heat on my side of the door!!!

While out there, I noticed iced up windows, and the second image is that. I love how winter makes such whimsical beautiful patterns. Not to mention the feeling you get all snuggled up in a blanket against the cold, when it is snowing outside.
Look what you are missing Tony!!!
The rest of us get it in spades.
 
The last pic is of my daughter in law and my three grandkids. I AM grateful for them, but mostly I am posting this because I love Max's hand placement.


3 comments:

  1. Love the photos Paula, the family shot is priceless and I particularly like the way both boys demostrate how 'giving & accepting' of the simplest kind can be so much fun!

    Having the background softly blurred really draws the attention to the frost crystals and they're very sharply in focus- what settings did you use, manual or auto focus?.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you got MIFFED this weekend (Matanuska Ice Fogged).

    Both of those pics did what they were supposed to do - elicit some emotion. For me that emotion was a reaction to the bitter cold I remember so well from living in Alaska for ten years. The kind that makes your nostrils stick together when you go outside! We DO get ice fog here in Idaho but I no longer have to plug in my car to keep the engine from freezing over night. Well done, Paula!

    As for the last picture, one word comes to mind: HONK!

    What was your f-stop on the second photo (ice crystals on window)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duh. I was so pleased with myself that I finally posted something, I forgot to put down the settings.
    Both frost pics were shot with the
    D700 @ 400 iso
    lens 105 mm 1/50 @ 3.2
    I had to manually focus the window shot, as it was trying to focus on the trees behind it on auto.
    The grandkids, aka the giving and accepting Honker family, was shot with the D200 at 200 ISO
    with 24-70mm on 1/200 at f11 AND a strobe.

    I don't know if I was clear in the post, but that is the inside door handle to the outside world...in the arctic entry....you could almost watch that frost spread across the deadbolt. Burrr.

    ReplyDelete