Sunday, December 4, 2011

Grateful 2


Twas the day to hang ornaments
And light up the tree
When out our front window
My wife should happen to see

Our beautiful mountains
All covered in green
Upon the power pole and power lines
Was resting a tree

A windstorm from nature
And man made electricity
Helped in the process
Of lighting our Christmas tree.





NIKON D3100 | ISO 3200 | 52mm | f5.6 | 1/60


In all the commotion
And all of the clatter
I dialed 911
They asked what's the matter

In almost an instant
In almost a flash
The men in nomex firesuits
came in a dash

They came to save property
They came to save lives
Hey don't you touch that!
It wouldn't be wise
NIKON D3100 | ISO 800 | 22mm | f13 | 1/10 (hand held)

5 comments:

  1. That's one way to light up a Christmas tree I guess.... glad no one was hurt. Interesting capture and the way all of the background appears dormant/brown and the main subject/tree stands out in green. I like the way the fire truck and scenery/roadway into the distance is framed, a gr8 shot also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Erik.
    Looks like a typical Alaskan day.
    I like your treatment of the firetruck. And how either you shot or cropped it. The way the lines of snow and yellow road line lead to the horizon. Nice job, Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the firetruck photo. Did you do anything to filter the colors in the photo....or have I forgotten how gloomy Alaska can be in winter?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite the creative contributor too...a poet AND a photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Adobe LightRoom Photoshop 3 for my adjustments. On the Firetruck I used a preset called "Burgandy Wine". As to the lines in that photo, no cropping. I did it all with that tiny viewfinder.

    I took several shots attempting to get all the flashes of the lights. When they are all are lit up it doesn't give the sense that they are flashing.

    ReplyDelete