Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ice Feathers


Thought I would share this photo I took this morning. I went out to start my truck and noticed these ice crystal formations on my wife's car's windshield. What made them different was how they were formed. As the temperature dropped below the dew point and moisture formed on the windshield, the wind was blowing fairly hard. This caused the micro-droplets of water to move across the glass surface in these wispy formations before they froze. Now it dawns on me I should have put something green in the car beside Irene's red sweatshirt to make it look more Christmasy.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool Craig. I really like how they imply movement, even while being frozen. AND it still looks Christmasy even without something green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, they do look like curled feathers especially when you zoom in further and the interesting thing is that there are "just enough" of them to make the photo and background really interesting, and well balanced.

    ReplyDelete